The Future of Insurance Podcast – Bryan Falchuk
President & CEO, The Property & Liability Resource Bureau (PLRB)
Season 3, Episode 26, December 6, 2022
In this episode, I share my news about joining The Property & Liability Resource Bureau as its new President & CEO, and what that means for the “Future of Insurance” thought leadership work I do, including the podcast and books.
Prior to joining PLRB, I was Founder and Managing Partner of industry advisory firm Insurance Evolution Partners and am the author of the best-selling book series, The Future of Insurance. I have held senior roles in Insurance and InsurTech companies such as Liberty Mutual, Beazley, Hiscox and Hi Marley, and was a consultant in McKinsey & Company’s P&C practice. I have held leadership roles in functions across the insurance value chain, including Distribution & Marketing, Underwriting, Claims and Operations. I have also served as an advisor to many carriers and InsurTechs and have been a sought-after speaker at various industry events.
I hold a BA in Economics from Bowdoin College and an MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.
Highlights from the Show
- The PLRB serves insurers, who are its members, in helping to navigate the compexities of providing coverage, especially at the moment of claim
- PLRB offers extensive educational opportunities to adjusters and others in the industry through its various in-person events (Claims Coference, Large Loss Conference and regional conferences), as well as through many webinars and self-directed learning programs, offering CE and CLE to insurance professionals around the industry
- PLRB also has a team of Property and Liability coverage attorneys who take questions from members are whether claims they face would be covered given the circumstances and policy wording involved
- All of this and more is provided for free to employees of member companies, creating tremendous value for the insurance industry
- While I am taking on the role of President & CEO effective January 1st 2023, I will continue my thought leadership work, including this podcast
- There are two new Future of Insurance books in the works
- Volume 3 will focus on stories of insurtech solution providers and insurers working together, collaboratively, to bring new solutions to market with an eye to how we can all work together more effectively to get better outcomes, faster
- Volume 4 will share the stories of insurtech startups in the Asian market focused on new approaches to distribution, and is being written by Theresa Blissing of the Asia InsurTech Podcast with my support as Editor